Sustainable green health care is at the root of what we need to be healthy. Dr Schattauer is a pioneer in supporting the symbiotic relationship between ourselves and the environment we inhabit. His clinic is a model for us to emulate towards innovative health care delivery.David Rakel, MD
Director, University of Wisconsin Integrative Medicine
Dept of Family Medicine
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health
Interested in donating your breast milk?
CONTACT US AT: (708)851-2108
We will provide care in partnership with you, listening to your health care needs and desires without judgment; allowing you to be an informed consumer and to co-manage care with me, your personal physician. A wide range of medical care is offered at The Green Medical Practice. Here is a list of specific services that can be obtained at the Green Medical Practice:
Diagnosis and Treatment Services
- Diagnosis and non drug approaches to minimal disease entities such as mild hypertension, mild cholesterol elevation, common orthopedic complaints (sprains, strains, muscle pain, arthritis), low thyroid, iron deficiency anemia, chronic fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome, etc.
- Natural remedies for minor ailments such as colds, flu, diarrhea, bronchitis, mild pneumonia, skin rashes and more.
- Referrals to medical specialists (specialists will be well screened for sensitivity to green medicine issues and humanistic care)
Preventative and Wellness Care Services
- Well-womens' care. Pap smears, breast exams, perimenopause, menopause, cholesterol screening.
- Adult male wellness. cholesterol screens, prostate exams, male menopause,
- Family-centered health care. Wellness, and preventive care serving children and adults.
- Health screening exams. School and camp physicals, employment physicals, medical authorization forms, pre-op physicals.
- Preventive blood screening. Cholesterol, CRP, Glucose, liver and kidney function,strep throat tests, simple urinalysis,
Education and Counseling Services
- Vaccine awareness. Open discussions of the complexities of vaccine choice and current information regarding mandated vaccines.
- Longevity counseling. Support in making lifestyle, nutritional and supplement choices especially in adults to increase vitality and reduce risks of early aging.
- Environmental health awareness. Discussions on exposures to chemicals in our daily life. how can we live chemical free life? How clean is your water? What about the air quality of your home and community?
- Nutrition/fitness counseling, including weight management
- Counseling on how to get the best care in pregnancy and referrals to natural birthing practitioners.
- Breast feeding support, including access to a large network of lactation consultants and La Leche League resources.
- Natural parenting counseling. Support in exploring the parenting styles that foster vitality. How long do I breast feed my baby? Can I let my baby “cry it out” to get to sleep at night? Should I sleep with my baby? How do I potty train my toddler? How do I survive the terrible two’s?